dom, 02 jul|
Spanish Language Immersion Holiday in Rural Valencia: Aspiring Level
A unique 7-day language and cultural programme with ongoing professional Spanish immersion teaching and conversation throughout all activities. £1,095 per person, 7 nights, luxury retreat. Includes airport transfers, Spanish tutor, meals, excursions and so much more.
Date & location
02 jul 2023, 12:00 – 09 jul 2023, 12:00
£1,095 per person on a shared room basis with private bathroom.
- £140 supplement for single room occupancy with a shared bathroom (shares with one other person)
- £280 supplement for single room occupancy with a private bathroom
Maximum group size: 10 guests.
FINCA CASA SANZ
Finca Casa Sanz is an original 18th century country house, carefully restored and renovated by internationally renowned architect Ramón Esteve, Finca Casa Sanz provides premium country accommodation for our guests, and a beautiful location to learn Spanish and immerse yourself into local culture.
We have three ensuite double/twin bedrooms and two double/twin bedrooms with private bathrooms, so our groups are always small and personal.
We grow organic vegetables and fruit in the garden, so you can also enjoy tasty and healthy food during your stay!
WHO IS THIS WEEK SUITABLE FOR?
These Spanish immersion holidays are ideal for adult learners of the Spanish language (or young adults of 14 years+) who want to combine a fantastic experience of developing their Spanish language with local culture, history, cuisine, tourism and some great Spanish sunshine.
Learning outcomes are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Please check the CEFR Self-assessment grid or ask if you have any questions about which week is most suitable for you. We're here to ensure you get the best learning experience and enjoyable week possible.
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) A1/A2.
- The ability to deal with simple, straightforward information and expressing oneself in a limited manner in most common situations in daily life.
- Focus on listening and speaking with elements of reading
- Key vocabulary
- Present, simple past and near future.
- 7 nights’ accommodation in the beautiful Finca Casa Sanz
- Daily room service
- Group airport transfers (please see below for further information)
- Sunday Paella evening on arrival
- Breakfast daily with cereals, breads, pastries, fresh fruit, jamon y queso, organic porridge and eggs your way
- Freshly baked cakes
- Three course/light evening meals (as specified in the itinerary)
- Lunches, including a tapas afternoon (as specified in the itinerary)
- Tea, coffee and water available at all times
- Fruit bowl
- Two lunches at local restaurants to practise understanding menus and ordering
- Drinks served during meals, including soft drinks, wine, and beer
- Restaurant reservations for two evenings
- Swimming pool & pool towels
Philip Knock, your tutor for the week, is a professionally qualified teacher, with a first-class degree in languages and economics. He studied at both the University of Bordeaux in France, and the University of Santiago de Compostela in Spain. He is fluent in English, Spanish and French, with a rapidly expanding knowledge of Valenciano since moving to live in the Valencia region. He has extensive experience as a language teacher, achieving Head of Department in two schools, and is also a qualified GCSE examiner.
We offer 3 hours each day of formal Spanish classes (totaling 15 hours per week), where Philip will focus on providing you with the vocabulary and grammatical structure of the Spanish language, to enable you to practise listening and speaking.
Your Spanish tutor will also join you for lunches and excursions to enable you to make the most of the formal teaching, practise with real-life experiences, and experience an enjoyable holiday with tourism, culture and gastronmic delights.
Study materials and a GCSE Spanish Grammar and Translation Workbook are also included.
- Afternoon excursion to explore the historical town of Bocairent
- Afternoon excursion and entrance to Xativa Castle
- Bodega wine tasting tour, including wine tastings and jamon/cheese plate
- Full day excursion to Valencia
- Visits to Ontinyent old town and Pou Clar lakes
- Ontinyent Moors & Christians museum
- All transportation
Activities may change during the week due to local festivals or opening hours but we will always arrange an alternative because there is always something interesting to see or do.
- Travel insurance
- Lunch and entrance to places of interest during the excursion to Valencia
- Two evening meals to enjoy the wonderful restaurants of Ontinyent
- For drinks not served with meals, we operate a very reasonably priced honesty bar.
Finca Casa Sanz is situated 1.5km from the inland mountainous town of Ontinyent in Valencia, which is home to the stunning natural Pou Clar lakes.
We are located equidistant from Valencia and Alicante airports, approximately one hour from each.
AIRPORT TRANSFERS / ARRIVAL
We try to coordinte airport transfers where possible and guests joining the scheduled transfers may have a short wait.
Please contact us before booking flights and we will confirm that we are able to add you to a scheduled transfer.
- Please consider flight arrivals to Alicante-elche arriving 12:00-16:00
- Please consider flight departures from Alicante-elche departing 11:00-13:00
We are located equidistant from Valencia and Alicante airports and can arrange transfers from either.
Private transfers are £90 each way.
You can also arrive to our Finca by car (we will happily send you directions), or by train to Ontinyent, where we will collect you. We will do everything we can to help you arrive.
BOOKING CONFIRMATION, DEPOSIT & PAYMENTS
If you would like to go ahead and book your trip, you can complete this online. We request a £100 deposit per person. The final payment will be due 60 days before your date of arrival.
CHANGES TO YOUR BOOKING
If your plans change after you have booked, please speak to us as soon as possible about any changes to your booking or cancellation. We will always try and do the best we can in offering alternative dates or accommodating changes, and we are flexible with regards to amending or cancelling additional services.
We would be happy to schedule a call with you to talk through options.
In the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions.
Emmeline & David
Shared room, private bath: Dep
£1,095 per person on a shared room basis with private bathroom. £100 deposit payment to reserve your place.100,00 GBP
Single room, shared bath: Dep
£1,095 per person on a shared room basis. £140 supplement for single room occupancy with a shared bathroom (shares with one other person) £100 deposit payment to reserve your place.100,00 GBP
Single room, private bath: Dep
£1,095 per person on a shared room basis. £280 supplement for single room occupancy with a private bathroom. £100 deposit payment to reserve your place.100,00 GBP